Welcome to Rothesay Marina
Rothesay Harbour Pontoons are managed by Bute Berthing Company Ltd. who wish you a most enjoyable stay. We have pontoon berths in the Inner & Outer Harbours.
Inner Harbour pontoon berths are accessed via the lifting bridge on the quay which is the main access route for ferry pedestrians.
Access to the Inner Harbour is via the lifting bridge which will be raised upon request to the Harbour Master subject to the operating schedule of Calmac Ferries & other larger vessels using the pier.
Please contact the Harbour Master's Office on VHF Channel 12 or by telephone on 01700 503842 to book your entry or exit time. The bridge remains lowered during ferry arrival times for foot passengers.
Traffic lights at the Harbour entrance must be obeyed when entering or leaving the Harbour
Toilets & showers are operated by Bute Victoriana Ltd accessible 24/7 by key code, available from the Berthing Master. Showers and disabled toilets are situated within the Victorian Toilets on Rothesay Pier.
Please do not use sea toilets within the harbours
Rubbish bins are located on the Middle Pier. Bottled Gas from Bute Tools in Montague Street & Mill Street Garden Centre, Mill Street, Rothesay.
Regular bus services operate from Guildford Square opposite the Marina and restaurants & pubs are located within easy walking distance of the Marina. Cash points at TSB & Bank of Scotland in Montague Street, Clydesdale Bank in the High Street & Royal Bank of Scotland on Victoria Street.
As you approach the harbour, please contact Rothesay Harbourmaster on VHF Channel 12 to request the bridge to be opened if you require access to the inner harbour. A small area of shallower water alongside the main pier of the inner harbour will be clearly marked.
Contact the Berthing Master on VHF Ch 37, Marina Ch1, Ch 16 or on Mobile: 07799 724225
NOTICE TO MARINERS - NTM 01 - 15/01/21
OUTER HARBOUR CLOSURE
Notice of commencement of Outer Harbour Works
- The pontoons in the outer harbour are scheduled for replacement with a piled installation.
- There will be dredging & piling works to improve depths and some disruption to access to the Inner Harbour.
- Commencement date is 15 February 2021 and works are estimated to last approximately 13 weeks, depending on weather.
- Contractors will be on site from 15 February with offices and work cabins set up on the Albert Pier.
- The Outer Harbour will be closed during the work period with limited access to the Inner Harbour, especially during dredging & piling works.
- If you need access or egress from the Inner Harbour, please contact the Harbour Master in advance to make arrangements.
- Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, whilst these essential works are in progress to provided enhanced facilities for visiting mariners.
A view of the Inner Harbour at Rothesay