Welcome to Rothesay Marina
Rothesay Harbour Pontoons are managed by Bute Berthing Company Ltd. who wish you a most enjoyable stay. We have pontoon berths in the Inner & Outer Harbours.
Inner Harbour pontoon berths are accessed via the lifting bridge on the quay which is the main access route for ferry pedestrians.
Access to the Inner Harbour is via the lifting bridge which will be raised upon request to the Harbour Master subject to the operating schedule of Calmac Ferries & other larger vessels using the pier.
Please contact the Harbour Master's Office on VHF Channel 12 or by telephone on 01700 503842 to book your entry or exit time. The bridge remains lowered during ferry arrival times for foot passengers.
Traffic lights at the Harbour entrance must be obeyed when entering or leaving the Harbour
Toilets & showers are operated by Bute Victoriana Ltd accessible 24/7 by key code, available from the Berthing Master. Showers and disabled toilets are situated within the Victorian Toilets on Rothesay Pier.
Please do not use sea toilets within the harbours
Rubbish bins are located on the Middle Pier. Bottled Gas from Bute Tools in Montague Street & Mill Street Garden Centre, Mill Street, Rothesay.
Regular bus services operate from Guildford Square opposite the Marina and restaurants & pubs are located within easy walking distance of the Marina. Cash points at TSB & Bank of Scotland in Montague Street, Clydesdale Bank in the High Street & Royal Bank of Scotland on Victoria Street.
As you approach the harbour, please contact Rothesay Harbourmaster on VHF Channel 12 to request the bridge to be opened if you require access to the inner harbour. A small area of shallower water alongside the main pier of the inner harbour will be clearly marked.
Contact the Berthing Master on VHF Ch 37, Marina Ch1, Ch 16 or on Mobile: 07799 724225
IMPORTANT - NOTICE TO MARINERS
NTM 12 - 17/09/2020
OUTER HARBOUR CLOSURE - Notice of Delay to Outer Harbour Works
- The pontoons in the outer harbour are scheduled for replacement with a piled installation.
- There will be dredging & piling works to improve depths and some disruption to access to the Inner Harbour.
- Provisional commencement date is late 2020 and works will take approximately 13 weeks, depending on weather.
- Improvements should be completed over the winter.
- The Outer Harbour will be closed during the work period with limited access to the Inner Harbour, especially during dredging & piling works.
- If you need access or egress from the Inner Harbour, please contact the Harbour Master in advance to make arrangements.
- Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, whilst these essential works are in progress to provided enhanced facilities for visiting mariners
Rothesay Marina Re-opening UPDATED 12 July 2020
CORONA VIRUS - NTM 10 - 12/07/2020
Rothesay Marina reopened to visitors on Friday 10th July subject to certain restrictions.
The Victorian Toilets will be open from Wednesday 15th July.
Opening hours as follows:
Monday to Friday 9am to 3.30pm - Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.30pm
Unmanned access for mariners will be given to all who have paid their mooring fees.
Bute Berthing Company staff will give you the toilet & shower access code when you pay.
- Marina capacity will be restricted, so please phone ahead to check whether we have available berths.
- You are requested to provide contact details of all persons on board for Test and Protect purposes.
- Information provided will be kept for the statutory period prescribed and then destroyed.
- The marina will be subject to additional cleaning schedules.
- The Outer Pontoons are due to be replaced shortly.
- The works are planned to commence in September for approximately 13 weeks, subject to weather.
- We have installed hand sanitising stations. Please use these to protect yourselves and others.
- NHS & Government guidance requires that we must place restrictions on the use of our facilities in Rothesay Marina.
- The Isle of Bute has limited medical & hospital facilities, which face immense pressure over the forthcoming weeks and months.
- Please contact the Harbour Master for further information on telephone 01700 503842 or VHF channel 12.
- Many pubs, bars, coffee shops, cafes & restaurants in Rothesay are still CLOSED.
- Please note that the Victorian Toilets & Shower facilities on Rothesay Pier are now open for restricted hours.
A view of the Inner Harbour at Rothesay